Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Beauty Obsessions of the Moment

Over the last few months I have found myself reaching for these products. Some of them are old favourites while others are new finds.

I will first begin with the Chanel Ombres Perlees de Chanel Eye Shadow Palette. This palette holds 5 iridescent pearly shadows. From Left to Right there is a frosty white pearl, a satiny pink champagne, a dusty plum, a gunmetal green and a true gunmetal. Each color can be worn on its own or mixed together to create the perfect smokey and duochrome eye. I have been wearing these shades almost every day for the past month. I use the white pearl color the most for my inner corners and as a brow highlight, but every shade is gorgeous!








My next obsession is a bronzer that I just recently purchased. It is the Dior Bronze Original Tan in Spicy Tan. Spicy Tan is a peachy bronze color with a small amount of gold shimmer flecks within it. It is far from an overwhelming orange color and it gives your face the perfect hint of bronze color. Just as if you had come back from a sunny holiday. A winner in my books!


The eye shadow I find myself reaching for almost every day (along with my Chanel Ombres Perlees palette) is MAC's Satin Taupe. On me, the color is a toupey-purple frost with lots of shimmer. Sometimes it looks a little more on the silver side, and sometimes its more of a plumy-brown. It is a really interesting shade that is flattering on any eye color and all skin tones. I wear it on its own during the day, and at night i darken it up with chocolate brown shades or dark grays.




Although I have skin that is on the oily side I always find myself reaching for my Nivea Soft moisturizer during the colder winter months. It is a light weight moisturizer that absorbs quickly into your skin and leaves it feeling soft and heavily moisturized. I put it on before I go to bed because I find that I tend to wake up with dryer skin in the mornings from the central heating. With this moisturizer, I wake up with hydrated skin, not flakey skin.



For a body moisturizer I love using Bath & Body Works Summer Vanillas Coconut Lotion. It smells like a vacation in a bottle. It has hints of vanilla in a strong coconut scent that stays on your skin for hours. To top it off, it is extremely moisturizing and keeps my skin hydrated all day.


For the past year I have been using Michael Kors Very Hollywood perfume. It is a beautiful florally sweet scent that I can't seem to get enough of. I've tried to switch up my perfumes, but I always find myself going back to this one. If you like a sweeter scent with a hint of floral I definitely recommend you try it out! Also, I recently got the Very Hollywood Roller ball and lip gloss duo. Now I can easily take my favorite scent with me anywhere I happen to go! The lip gloss is so-so. Not the best color or formula (wears off fast), but it is a cute addition to the fragrance, and great if you need a lip product in a pinch.



My last obsession for now is Chanel's Black Pearl nail polish. The color is a mixture of Blue, Green and Steel gunmetal. It is totally unique and I am OBSESSED!



That's all I got for now....I'm sure I will be back soon with some new faves!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment