Friday, February 18, 2011

Drugstore Favorites

Recently I went on a mini drugstore haul and picked up some really amazing products. Most of my favorite make-up brands are higher end, but I always come across little surprises in the drugstore aisles.
I really love L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara in Blackest Black. The brush does not compare to the size of Benefit Bad Gal (my all-time favorite) it's about half the size, but the brush is pretty thick and it does a great job of separating and thickening my lashes the way Bad Gal does. The formula is also really good; it doesn't flake off and it's not too wet. It makes my lashes really full and thick in just two coats. The only downfall? I wish it was a darker black color. I find that I need to apply an extra third coat in order to get my lashes really dark. Other than that it's a great drugstore dupe if you're a fan of Bad Gal.

I always do my own manicures so a good nail file is a MUST. I really like the Revlon Shape n' Buff file. It has 6 different surfaces that you use together to achieve a smooth and well shaped nail. Each surface does a different job and they are numbered so you know which to use first. The surfaces are Even Out, Smooth, Buff and Shine. The other sides are the files themselves that are used for shaping and filing down the nail. I LOVE this file. I've gone through a bunch and will continue to repurchase it!

I just recently started getting into wearing a thicker line of eyeliner on my top lashes a la Lauren Conrad. I passed by Maybelline and picked up the Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner. It comes with a little pot of gel eyeliner and a small liner brush, perfect sizes for traveling or throwing in your bag. Since I'm still teaching myself how to apply a straight line I figured a gel would be a good starting point because it's creamy and easy to blend in the case I make a little mistake. I was SHOCKED by this product! The brush makes applying the liner super easy. I got a perfectly straight line in just one stroke. Unbelievable precision. Great liner!

Whenever I straighten my hair I always end up with little fly-away hairs standing straight up on the top of my head. Great look. Instead of trying to mattify your hair down with gels or serums or other goop, I found a GOD SENT product. John Frieda Full Repair Touch Up FlyAway Tamer is a light gel that comes in a mascara tube and wand. All you do is brush the wand onto your pesky little strands and VOLIA! Totally sleek hair. I ADORE this product. And it smells great. AND it doesn't leave my hair looking hard or greasy. Amazing.

Nivea Essential Care Lip Blam is the BEST lip balm I have tried. It's super moisturizing and lasts for hours. It gives no color and has a subtle creamy smell. I literally keep one everywhere: My purse, my desk, my night stand, my bathroom, my school bag...The perfect balm.

A really great drugstore cleanser is the Clean and Clear Daily Pore Cleanser. It has tiny little beads in it that gives the cleanser a scrub-like feel but it is gentle enough to use on your face every day. I like to keep this cleanser in the shower when I want to quickly was my face while showering. It leaves my skin smooth and soft after.

My last favorite isn't a beauty product, but they are good for your health! Flintstones Gummies Vitamins are my vitamin of choice. They taste soo good I could finish an entire bottle in one sitting! Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment