Friday, February 11, 2011

Hair Products of the Moment

I go through phases with hair products all the time. I'll use products for months and then randomly stop using them and try something new. Recently I've been using and loving these products...but I'm sure my mind will change soon.

My number one favourite hair product is Moroccan Oil. I use it every day after I have showered and put it on my towel-dried ends. I've been using it for about two years now and have noticed a huge difference in the look and feel of my hair. My ends are much stronger which has resulted in my hair growing longer, faster. My hair is also much softer and more manageable. I used to get many knots, and now i hardly get any. I recommend you only apply it to your ends because it is a very thick oil and if you put it closer to your scalp your hair will get oily. Great product!

For Shampoo and Conditioner I have been loving the L'Oreal Ever Pure Sulfate Free line. Since the products do not contain sulfate the shampoo does not lather the way a typical shampoo would. At first I didn't feel like the shampoo was actually cleaning my hair because of the lack of lather, but after getting used to the gel-like consistency I really liked how my hair felt after I shampooed. It makes my hair really soft and it smells great, a mixture of mint and rosemary. The conditioner is great too and leaves my hair soft and shiny every time.
When I style my hair with hot tools like straighteners, curling irons and blow dryers, I always make sure to use a heat protectant. Lately I have been using Kerastase Resistence Ciment Thermique. It is a heat-activated reconstructing milk that I apply all over my damp hair before styling. It smells great and it leaves my hair smooth, shiny and protected. It is on the expensive side - around $35CDN - but I believe that a good heat protector is worth it.

When I don't straighten my hair I like to show off my natural waves and curls. I keep the waves in control all day by applying Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray. I spray this on after i have showered, and I'll let my hair air-dry. It is a sea salt spray that enhances the curls your hair already has and helps hold them in place longer. My hair is still very manageable when I use the spray and it never feels sticky or heavy. I LOVE this product. I just wish they made the bottle bigger.
My last favourite is Aussie's Hi Hold Hi Shine Hairspray. I bought this hairspray in my first year of University and i STILL have the same bottle! (I'm in third year now and I honestly use this stuff every day) I was in a pinch and quickly grabbed the first bottle of hairspray i saw at the drugstore. Best impulse decision I have ever made. This spray holds your style without being sticky or getting hard. My hair is still soft and manageable but my style always stays in place. It's a lightweight spray with a strong hold. LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment